King County 2-1-1: Crisis Connections
Formerly known as Crisis Clinic, Crisis Connections is a one-stop resource for many needs. They can connect you to resources like housing services, public benefits, healthcare, crisis support, teen programs, and veteran support. They can also help you search and apply for assistance programs, including several of the ones on this list.
- More info: https://www.crisisconnections.org/king-county-2-1-1/
- Call: 211
- 24/7 Crisis Line: 866-427-4747
- Text: Text your zipcode to 877-211-9274
- Email contact form: https://www.crisisconnections.org/king-county-2-1-1/#contact
Need help paying for groceries? Basic Food, also called Food Stamps or EBT, provides monthly assistance to help people buy food. Recipients receive a debit card that can be used at most stores that sell food items. If you do not qualify for benefits, another member of your household might!
- More info: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa/community-services-offices/basic-food
- Apply by phone: (877) 501-2233
- Apply online: https://www.washingtonconnection.org/home/
Interested in help paying for public transportation? With an ORCA Lift card, income-qualified riders can save 50% or more on most King County Metro transportation services. Other free/reduced-fare OCRA cards are also available for youths under 18 and persons over 65.
- More info: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/transportation/metro/fares-orca/orca-cards/lift.aspx
- Apply by phone: (206) 553-3000 or (800) 756-5437
- Apply online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LIFTrenewal
- Apply in-person : *Please note that many in-person sites are closed. We recommend calling ahead of time to verify hours and days of operation. Call 1(800) 756-5437 to find your nearest open location. https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/locations/health-insurance/coverage/enrollment-assistance/ORCA-LIFT-card.aspx
Signing up for healthcare:
Need help signing up for healthcare? A specialist at the Washington Health Plan Finder can determine your eligibility and help you find a policy that works for you. If you do not qualify for benefits, another member of your household might!
- More info: https://www.wahealthplanfinder.org/
- Apply by phone: (855) 923-4633
- Apply online: https://www.wahealthplanfinder.org/_content/applynow.html
- Apply in-person: *Please note that many in-person sites are closed. We recommend calling ahead of time to verify hours and days of operation. Call 1(800) 756-5437 to find your nearest open location. https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/locations/health-insurance/coverage/enrollment-assistance/calendar.aspx
Utility Discount Program:
Need help with utility bills? The Utility Discount Program (UDP) offers eligible customers a 60% discount on their Seattle City Light bill and a 50% discount on their Seattle Public Utilities bill. You must receive a Seattle City Light bill to apply for this program.
- More info: https://www.seattle.gov/humanservices/services-and-programs/supporting-affordability-and-livability/utility-discount-program
- Apply by phone: (206) 684-0268
- Apply online: https://energysolutions.seattle.gov/utility-discount-program-enrollment/
- Email: UDP@seattle.gov
LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program):
Need help with utility bills but do not receive a Seattle City Light bill? You may qualify for free or low-cost utilities through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. Households may be eligible to receive up to $1,000 per year in assistance. When applying, please note that your LIHEAP application site is determined by your zipcode.
More info: https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/locations/health-insurance/access-and-outreach/energy-assistance.aspx
Residents of Seattle (through Byrd Barr Place)
- More info: https://byrdbarrplace.org/programs-services/energy-assistance/
- Apply by phone: 206-812-4940
- Apply online: https://www.cognitoforms.com/ByrdBarrPlace1/energyassistanceonline
- Email: EnergyAssistance@ByrdBarr.Place
Residents of South King County (through the Multi-Service Center)
- More info: https://mschelps.org/gethelp/energy/
- Apply by phone: (253) 517-2263
- Apply online: https://msc.itfrontdesk.com/apptonline/landing.html?client_code=MSCHELPS
Residents of North and East King County (through HopeLink)
- More info: https://www.hopelink.org/need-help/energy
- Apply by phone: (425) 658-2592
- Apply online: https://hopelink.itfrontdesk.com/apptonline/landing.html?client_code=HOPELINK
American Financial Solutions:
Interested in receiving financial help? American Financial Solutions provides free/low-cost financial services. Their services range from credit counseling, debt management, bankruptcy management and more with a certified counselor. They also offer some free financial workshops.
- More info: https://www.myfinancialgoals.org/
- Phone number: (888) 282-5844
Benefits Hub Financial Coaching:
Interested in receiving financial help just for college students? United Way of King County’s Benefits Hubs are located at eight Seattle colleges. Contact your campus’s Benefits Hub to receive financial coaching and planning, build a saving plan or find connections to other resources.
- More info: https://www.uwkc.org/benefitshub/
- Phone number: (253) 254-5261
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make an appointment: https://calendly.com/benefits-hub
Free & Reduced School Meals:
Interested in receiving help paying for your students’ meals? Even if members of your household do not qualify for SNAP (Basic Food), your student may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals. The income threshold for this service is higher than SNAP’s, so see if your student qualifies!
- More info: https://www.seattleschools.org/departments/nutritionservices/free_and_reduced_price_meals
- Apply by phone: (206) 252-0675
- Apply online: https://paypams.com/OnlineApp.aspx
Immigrant and Refugee Services (through World Relief Seattle):
Interested in immigrant and refugee resources? World Relief Seattle provides employment services, English classes, immigration legal services and ministry, refugee resettlement and more.
- More info: https://worldreliefseattle.org/
- Phone number: (253) 277-1121
- Address: 841 Central Ave N Suite C-106, Kent, WA 98032