Self care is important!
- Self care prevents “overload burnout”: We’ve all been there: you push yourself to the point that you can’t take anymore so you just give up. Self care helps you avoid getting to that point.
- Self care reduces the negative effects of stress: A small amount of stress can serve a purpose, but after a while, it just breaks down your mind and body. Taking care of yourself means keeping your stress from taking over so you can function at full capacity.
- Self care helps you refocus: When I was stuck on a complicated math problem in school, my teacher would suggest walking away and coming back—taking a break, basically. Breaks are the epitome of self care, and studies show they’re great for helping you perform better.
- Develop a Personalized Self-Care Plan
- Sliding Scale Therapy Options
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Thankfulness Prompts and Activities for when you’re feeling down and out about the state of the world
- 100 Things To Do to perk up your work day!
- “Who doesn’t love Desk Stretches” (Tori)
- Stress Management and Self-Care with TED Talks, puppy pictures, and more to help you manage your own self-care plan.
- Stress Management Tools and self-assessment quizzes – I would start with the self-assessment quiz, the main one is “Test Your Skills and Find the Resources You Need the Most” it will help you do just that and navigate the website
- CNCS Stress Tools
- VISTA Leader Stress Guide